I am feel honored to be chosen for the Vincent Ehindero Blogger Award. It was quite a surprise being nominated and therefore I am humbled in accepting it; my sincere gratitude. I appreciate the blogging community very much and have enjoyed all the poems, photography, life stories, and connections I have made with each one of you. I have felt supported and I treasure the opportunity you have awarded me to share in your lives too.
I want to thank Tangie T Woods https://tangietwoods.blog in nominating me for this award. She is very encouraging and I have found that she is an enthusiastic, supportive and caring blogger. I have enjoyed the interaction I have had with her. You are an inspiration to me in seeing your faith.
Let us inspire lives together. – Vincent Ehindero
MY QUESTIONS FROM TANGIE T. WOODS ARE:
- How long have you been blogging?
I first started blogging on Blogspot in 2008. I had two blogs. One was for art and poetry and the other was more for my counselling outlet. It was awkward keeping both running and I think there was a measure of confusion and I felt split. I then started a joint blog with my daughter but that didn’t last very long. My main issue was that I was still developing my voice and how I shared my life with others. After I clarified that I began again but on word press. It was only this year that I really felt compelled to write and to write from my heart. So although I have been blogging on and off since 2008 I think of myself as a blogger from January 2020.
- How were you inspired to blog?
I am compelled to write as I have been writing since a teenager and I thought it was time to present myself to the world; to share my thoughts and feelings and not keep them to myself .
- What country do you live in and how is the weather there now?
I live in South Africa and we are in Autumn (Fall). We have balmy warm days with little or no wind and refreshing cooler evenings and mornings during this time.
- What are your thoughts (opinions) on the COVID-19 virus?
First of all, myself and two daughters are asthmatic; I have been hospitalized a few times so there is concern about getting it. I am very proud of our president Cyril Ramaphosa who has announced that our whole country is in lock down from Thursday 27th of March. I think it is the only way to flatten the curve which is most important for the whole world. I think it is devastating when I see what is happening to some of the first world countries and I can’t begin to imagine what it will be like in 3rd world countries like South Africa. We have some poorer communities who live as whole families in one room, we have HIV and TB which will add to the threat of so many of our people. It is a really grim time to be living. I think it is up to each one of us to search our souls and ask deeper questions. How are we living? How do we want to live in the future? How do we care for those around us? How well am I connected to myself and others? In other words it is very sobering. I think we need a lot of courage and must dig deep into our ‘wellsprings’ not only to survive through this but to ultimately thrive.
- What are some of your happiest moments?
I have so many: just being, being on my own in some form of creativity, art, writing, music, gardening, baking, and cooking; deep connection through meditation and experiencing the joy of the moment; being with special friends or family; giving of myself to others; walking on the beach or in a forest, observing nature and animals.
MY NOMINEES FOR THIS AWARD ARE:
- Savvy Raj https://savvyraj.com/
- Haroon Mirza https://haroonadventures.data.blog/
- joyful2bee https://joyful2beeblogs.com/
- Phoebe,MD https://phoebemd.com/
- Elliementalist https://xyoopx.wordpress.com/
- Floweringpoverello https://floweringpoverello.wordpress.com/
- Pendryw’s poetry https://pendryw.wordpress.com/
- vovazinger https://vovazinger.wordpress.com/
- thedihedral https://thedihedral.com/
- Neha nandwana https://makemythoughtsmyworld.design.blog/
- Beautybeyondbones https://beautybeyondbones.com/
- Nilesh Sharma https://nilesharmaa.wordpress.com/
- Cindy knoke https://cindyknoke.com/
- Eclipsed words by aishwarya shah https://eclipsedwords.com/
- Sohair https://omabdalrahmaan.wordpress.com/
- Greta Ambrose https://gretableblog.wordpress.com/
- Anonymous Scribe https://donaldbwilson.com/
- Lampelina https://lampelina.wordpress.com/
- mjf jeeshan, how to be cool https://knowhowtobecool.wordpress.com/
- Walks in Watercolor https://walksinwatercolor.art/
- jazzytower, thoughts and entanglements https://thoughtsandentanglements.wordpress.com/
QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES:
- What is your profession or daily role?
- Do you have a hobby and if so what do you do?
- Do you live alone or with others?
- How are you managing your life with Covid 19 virus?
- What do people like about you?
HERE ARE THE RULES TO FOLLOW:
- Thank the person that nominated you with a link to their blog: https://moragnoffke.wordpress.com/
- Post the award nomination photo
- Post the rules
- Nominate 20-30 other bloggers (or more) and notify them.
- vincentehindero.wordpress.com is Vincent’s blog site, and he would appreciate you checking out his blog and consider following and supporting him too.
- Notify Vincent of your nomination, via comment and send an email to email@example.com for faster replies.
- After notifying Vincent, he will check out your blog, follow and give you your unique award for the good work on your blog.
Thank you, Tangie. T Woods, for this nomination and keep up the blogging; I look forward to reading more posts.