A few weeks ago I was nominated again for the Liebster Award by Creative Envision. I want to thank Creative Envision for thinking of me and nominating me for this award. I appreciate the nomination. I really enjoy Creative Envision’s blog as the posts are both beautiful and thought-provoking. I find it has an uplifting spiritual quality and I always feel encouraged after reading the posts. I think it is a great way of getting to ‘meet’ and know other bloggers and it is fun being involved. On this note I want to thank all the bloggers I have had interaction with; I really appreciate and enjoy the comradery.
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you
- Share 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger(s) asked you
- Nominate 11 bloggers and make them happy!
- Make up 11 questions to ask your nominees
- Notify your 11 nominees
11 Facts about myself
- I like drawing and painting as an expression of my thoughts
- I learnt to do ballet, contemporary dance, tap, belly dancing and folk dancing.
- The scariest thing that happened to me was at the border of Botswana. I had a gun waved around in my face. The person didn’t seem to know that it was abnormal at all. (This is part of my African travels, still a future post)
- I enjoy creating music and writing songs – I play the piano and guitar.
- I sing to my dogs in the mornings when I make tea and they charge around excitedly like mad dogs.
- I love being in nature and observing wild animals.
- I still want to climb Mt Kilimanjaro; hopefully I will.
- I enjoy herb and vegetable gardening.
- I am a creative cook: my approached to cooking is similar to creating my art – they never turn out the same as I am always experimenting.
- My happiest time of the day is the gloaming hours before the sun is up and before it sets.
- Bird calls are some of the most evocative of spiritual sounds for me.
Answers to Creative Envision questions.
- What excites you the most about blogging?
I enjoy observing life, be it in travel or everyday situations and sharing my thoughts with others: writing is my form of communication and blogging is a fun way of communicating with more people.
- If you had one wish what would you ask for and why?
I wish I could love close to nature and the sea.
- Which country do you live in?
South Africa, at the tip of Africa.
- What is your favorite memory of your childhood?
I have so many, many favorite memories. I decided to tell you one that is the most surprising: when I was 5 years old, each time my dad came home with fish, I couldn’t wait to watch him scaling and gutting them then he would fry up the fish roe for me to eat. He told me it was fish sausages.
- What is your favorite cuisine?
Blue Zone cuisine (it is a bit like a mixture of Mediterranean and Middle Eastern cuisine)
- What is the most memorable moment of your life?
I have very many vivid memories, they are all important to me. My father dying when I was 6 years old; my first personal spiritual experience when I was 8 years old; my first pair of ear rings my boyfriend (now husband) bought me – I cried I was so happy; exchanging wedding rings; the birth of my daughters; our graduations: my husband’s, mine and my daughters; finding out I had cancer.
- What is your profession?
I am a retired cartographer. ( I retired when I was 29 to have my first daughter)
- What was your favorite subject in school and why?
Geography & biology because I love learning about nature.
- If you could change one thing in your life what would that be?
I thought a lot about this question: I wouldn’t, I am very happy and content with my life as it is.
- What kind of music do you listen to?
I am very interested in all types of music; there is only one type I would not choose to listen to: heavy metal.
- Which is your favorite movie?
Out of Africa (that dates me)
thetinypotager, The Tiny Potager
If you want to join in please feel free to do so and if I have nominated you but forgot to put you on the list please accept my apologies and consider yourself nominated.
- If your pet could talk, what would it say to you?
- Tell me a first memory of making something, what was it and who was it for?
- What is the weirdest thing you have ever seen someone do?
- If you had enough money that you never needed to work again, what would you do with your time?
- Name three of your favorite songs?
- Name three of your favorite books?
- If you would be granted one wish of any kind, what would you wish for?
- Who has been the inspiration in your life? Why?
- If you had a choice would you live on a farm or in the suburbs?
- How long have you been blogging
- When you don’t feel like blogging what do you do to get inspiration.
Once again Thank you to Creative Envision for the recognition.
Take care and enjoy the weekend.