Another Award! The other day I was nominated for the Liebster Award and was tickled by the idea of receiving it (my first time for this award) as I think it is great getting to ‘meet’ and know other bloggers in a fun way. I enjoy being involved.
So I want to thank Debby Winter of DebbySEO for thinking of me and awarding me. Much appreciated. I find her blogs interesting and thought provoking as Debby is a very creative person both with regards to the sciences and the arts. So I have enjoyed getting to know her a little better through her blog. She offers an affordable SEO service and also shares very helpful tips, mainly about SEO which have the potential to develop your blog. As I feel like I know so little in this areas her regular tips and important information are very welcome and so I appreciate her blog very much.
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you
- Share 11 facts about yourself & mention 3 blog articles
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger(s) asked you
- Nominate 11 bloggers and make them happy!
- Make up 11 questions to ask your nominees
- Notify your 11 nominees
11 Facts about myself
- I like animals and have 2 dogs and 2 cats.
- I am allergic to dogs.
- The scariest thing that happened to me was at the border of Botswana. I had a ak27 gun (or something similar) waved around in my face. The person didn’t seem to know that it was abnormal at all, needles to say I was made to feel very scared. (This is part of my African travels, still a future post)
- I enjoy creating music and writing songs for fun – I play the piano and guitar.
- I sing to my dogs in the mornings when I make tea and they charge around excitedly like mad dogs.
- I love walking in forests, mountains and coastal zones where I feel connected and whole; 100% myself.
- Something surprising: I only truly learnt to read at the age of 10 as the teachers hadn’t figured out that I had a learning disability.
- I am a retired cartographer by profession. (I retired at 29 years old to have my first child.
- I am a creative cook: my approached to cooking is similar to creating my art – they never turn out the same as I am always experimenting.
- My happiest time of the day is the gloaming hours before the sun is up and before it sets.
- The most spiritual sounds for me are bird calls and bird song.
Selected blog articles
- I am on fire: breast surgery recovery
is an excerpt of my journey and experiences of being breast cancer and bilateral-mastectomy survivor.
- I turned around And I saw my reflection
is a post that encourages one to probe a little deeper through reflection in order to develop and grow.
3.Popa Falls: The ups and downs
is a ravel post from my Road trip Travels through Africa, Cape Town to Malawi and back.
Answers to Debbie’s questions.
1) What is in your opinion the best SEO software currently on the market? If you haven’t used SEO software, how informed are you about SEO services and software?
I am completely ignorant, have never used SEO software and have therefore not formed an opinion yet.
2) If you could eat as much food as you wanted without ever getting full or fat, which food would you choose? What is your favorite restaurant?
I wouldn’t choose one particular food. I enjoy variety in life, including food. I enjoy healthy homemade cooked food so I like eating at home but I would choose a vegetarian restaurant if I could.
3) If your pet could talk, what would it say to you?
My dogs would say that I am kind and make a huge effort to spend time with them since they know that I am allergic to them. My cats would say that I lead a very interesting life in the art studio; one is my assistant blogger and the other is my assistant artist.
4) What is the weirdest thing you have ever seen someone do?
The weirdest thing that came to my mind when I read this question is that as a youngster I saw my mother’s friend eat an egg on raw mince. What he did that was so weird to me was he sucked his egg up in one slurp with his lips.
5) If you had enough money that you never needed to work again, what would you do with your time?
I already to what I want to: I write, I create art, I live with the man I love. If I had more money I would live in different parts of the world for extended time periods to get to know new lands and people and I would continue writing.
6) Name three of your favorite songs
My secret life by Leonard Cohen
Dance me to the End of Love by Leonard Cohen
Fall on me by Matt and Andrea Bocelli
7) Name three of your favorite books?
Women who runs with wolves by Clarissa Pinkola Estés
Fire bringer by David Clement-Davies
The Hero with a thousand faces by Joseph Campbell
8) Would you lie to your friend or spouse for a large sum of money? How much?
I would not lie for money.
9) If you had $10.000 to spend on whatever you like, what would you do with the money?
I would invest it.
10) If you would be granted one wish of any kind, what would you wish for?
I would ask that mankind would live in peace and respect of other (humans, animals and nature); that they would not be driven by material values but by altruistic values. I would wish for a completely new set of values for mankind after Covid 19.
11)Who has been the biggest example in your life? Why?
Mandela. He South African anti-apartheid revolutionary who helped to change our political situation. He worked for something that he believed in with all his might, being imprisoned for 27 years, he worked towards a democratic leadership and reconciliation, showing forgiveness to his fellow countrymen and his apartheid oppressors. He was a mediator, and a visionary; he showed kindness and great intelligence. He was both a thinker and a doer as well as a principled man. He is an example of how I would want to live. I am proud of him as my fellow South African countryman.
- Roser, Howl
- Hannes van Eeded, Wandering Ambivert
- Lize Bard, Haiku out of Africa
- thefrugalcrafter Lindsay Weirich, The Frugal Crafter Blog
- Chris Nicholas, The Renegade Press
- Organic Gardening Advice & Tips
- Sheepy Hollow Farm
- The Art of Blogging
- What is the most courageous thing/situation you have had to contend with?
- What does social inequality mean to you?
- Name 3 interests you have besides writing.
- What is your profession or training?
- Tell me a first memory of making something, what was it and who was it for?
- What country were you born in?
- Where do you live now?
- When did you first know you wanted to write/ be a writer?
- If you had a choice would you live on a farm or in the suburbs?
- If you had an extra life what would you do as well or instead?
- How many other lives would you need to accomplish these things?
If I contacted you to let you know that I have nominated you but you do not see your name on the list please let me know. Thank you to all my blogging community and once again I accept this Leibster Award with much appreciation. I hope you have many visitors and interest in your blog. Best wishes.
Take care, Morag